What Can I Do if My Ex Denies Visitation?


Divorce can get ugly. Even after the dust settles and the process is finalized, you may encounter problems with your former spouse, especially if you share children. If your ex is trying to interfere with your relationship with the children and denying you visitation, you have options to protect your parental rights.

Protecting Your Rights as a Parent

If you are being denied visitation with your children, you are likely feeling very frustrated and even a bit hopeless, especially if it is becoming a pattern. However, it is important to not give up. Instead, you need to take your case through the proper legal channels to protect your rights. It is also crucial that you do not attempt to take this matter into your own hands by taking the children from your spouse. Otherwise, this could seriously complicate matters in court for you.

If your ex is denying visitation, it is crucial to document each incident with as much detail as possible. For example, if you have any texts, emails, or other forms of correspondence with your co-parent, you should keep them. Thorough documentation of denied visitation will help strengthen your case when you take it to court and file a motion to enforce.

During this time, it is important for you to continue paying child support. Even if your ex is denying you parenting time, refusing to pay child support is not an option. If you stop paying child support, you can face steep fines or even jail time, so be sure to continue fulfilling this obligation and avoid any unnecessary obstacles in court.

Speak to a Skilled Family Law Attorney About Your Child Custody Matter Today!

If your ex is interfering with your parenting time and denying visitation, do not hesitate to seek skilled legal counsel. At Garza Law Firm, LLLP, our experienced family law team is committed to guiding clients through some of life’s most challenging legal matters. You can rely on us to do what is necessary to protect your rights as a parent. Backed by nearly 40 years of combined experience, you can feel confident in our ability to secure the best possible results for your case.

Reach out to our law office today at (214) 225-4344 to set up an initial case evaluation with one of our experienced attorneys to discuss the details of your case and learn more about what we can do for you.