Dallas Property Division Attorneys
Understanding Your Rights During Divorce
As a community property state, Texas law mandates that almost all property acquired during a marriage be divided between the spouses during a divorce. However, the courts may not rule a 50/50 split.
Factors such as earning power, health needs, and child custody can impact the court’s decision on what property goes to whom.
At Garza Law Firm, we understand that you may be worried about your future during a divorce. Our divorce attorneys can help ensure your rights are protected and your future is secured by advocating for a fair distribution of your marital assets. Our priority is protecting your best interests.
Contact the Dallas property division lawyers at Garza Law Firm at (214) 225-4344. Your initial, one-hour consultation is complimentary.
How Are Assets Distributed in Divorce?
Unless a piece of property was purchased before the marriage, gifted solely to one spouse, or inherited by one spouse, all property owned by a couple will be considered for division in a divorce.
The court’s decision will include:
- Valuable property, such as art, jewelry, or collectibles
- Vehicles, including boats, farm equipment, and cars
- Homes or other real estate
- Stocks, investments, or mutual funds
- 401(k)s, pensions, or other retirement funding
- Mortgages or other loans
Under Texas’s community property laws, debts incurred during the marriage—including credit card debt, mortgages, or student loan debt—are owed by both spouses even if the loan was made in one person’s name. However, debt incurred before a marriage is typically the responsibility of one spouse alone.
Choose Garza Law Firm
Michele, in addition to her years in family law, has extensive experience with other areas of law. Her exposure to these other areas can be the edge needed to get you the results you need from your case.
Additionally, Marc takes a special interest in cases involving complex property issues. With more than a decade of focus on family law, his approach gives clients the kind of one-on-one attention and support they need.
Together, we’re the Dallas property division lawyers you can count on for attention to detail, forceful advocacy, and efficient legal services.
Call us at (214) 225-4344to schedule a complimentary consultation regarding your property division case.
Why Choose Us?
Advocating for Your Best Interests
- Versatile Legal Style We adapt to the specific needs of you and your family. We provide compassionate attention while fighting to protect your best interests.
- Caring, Personalized Attention Every family has a unique circumstances that requires a personalized approach. We will work with you and your loved ones to create positive outcomes.
- Family Helping Family We understand the meaning and importance of family. As children, we experienced divorce and its effects. Our goal is to make the legal process as smooth as possible for you and your family.