Although you are by no means required by law to hire a divorce attorney to dissolve your marriage, it does not necessarily mean you should attempt to handle this legal matter on your own without representation, especially if your divorce is particularly complex. The fact is that family law can be a complex area of practice and attempting to navigate it without legal guidance can lead to some serious mistakes that could impact you for years to come.
Why You Need a Divorce Attorney on Your Side
Not only is divorce a complex legal process, but it is also often highly emotional, making it difficult for those involved to step back and examine the situation objectively. An experienced divorce lawyer will be able to put things in perspective for you and keep your focus on the big picture, so you can obtain the best results for your future.
Everyone can benefit from hiring a divorce attorney, but it is even more crucial for those who are dealing with the following:
- You have children and expect there to be a pretty major dispute regarding parenting time and visitation.
- You and your spouse have substantial assets or assets that may be potentially complicated, such as a business, multiple properties, or investments.
- The marriage was abusive. Under these circumstances, it is essential to have a strong legal advocate who can keep you on equal ground and ensure you are not entering an unfair deal.
- You and your spouse have a particularly hostile relationship and foresee a high-conflict divorce.
- You are disorganized and expect to have a difficult time keeping track of deadlines, paperwork, and other pertinent details that could result in avoidable delays.
Given the profound impact your divorce settlement will have on your future, you should not cut corners on legal representation. An experienced attorney will improve your chances of obtaining the best possible results.
Schedule a Consultation with a Knowledgeable Divorce Lawyer to Get Started!
At Garza Law Firm, LLLP, our divorce attorneys understand how difficult the divorce process can be for families to navigate and the emotional toll it can take on everyone involved. Our legal team is committed to providing compassionate legal support and knowledgeable advice, so you can get through this process as smoothly as possible.
Reach out to our law office today at (214) 225-4344 to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys to get started.